Passengers looted, one person shot in Danapur-Howrah Express
Patna: One passenger was shot at and
critically wounded by armed men who looted cash, jewellery and
other valuables from passengers travelling by the
Danapur-Howrah Express near Barh in Patna district late last
night, government railway police sources said.
Four persons armed with pistols and rifles boarded the
train at Khusroopur railway station, near Bakhtiarpur and went
on a looting spree in the bogie for disabled persons, the
They also entered the sleeper coaches and looted the
belongings of several passengers, they said.
The robbers fired at passengers when they put up a
resistance in which one person was critically wounded, they
The injured passenger, said to be a hockey player, was
admitted to the Patna Medical College and Hospital.
Passengers in their FIR lodged with the Barh GRP claimed
that the criminals looted cash, jewellery and other valuables
worth around Rs 1.5 lakh and alighted after pulling the chain
of the train near Barh railway station in the Patna-Kiul
section under Danapur division of the East Central railway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown