Paswan raps Congress, BJP for indulging in vote bank politics
Nahan: Lok Janshakti Party president Ram Vilas Paswan on Wednesday accused Congress and BJP of using Muslims and Hindus as their vote banks and asked people in the poll-bound Himachal Pradesh to be wary of both these parties.
"Congress and BJP are using Muslims and Hindus to replenish their vote banks and once in power, they hardly do anything for their welfare," he said playing the Dalit and Muslim card at an election meeting in support of LJP candidate Sadanand Chauhan.
Referring to various corruption cases raging in the country, he said this was because political parties have ceased to work for welfare of the common man.
"What is happening today, my seniors and juniors in politics, have landed in jail on charges of corruption," he said, maintaining that his tenure as a minister at the Centre was unblemished.
"Political parties are hardly bothered about uplift of the poor and down-trodden," he rued.
He said that the intentions and principles of Congress and BJP did not augur well for them.
Paswan said during his tenure as Railway minister in 1996-98, he had proposed a rail link between Shimla and Dehra Doon via Nahan but the state government had not shown any interest.
A steel plant was sanctioned for the state but it did not make any headway as the government refused to supply adequate power, he said.
He attributed the rise in militancy in Kashmir Valley to increasing unemployment in neighbouring Jammu and Kashmir.
"Despite opposition from several quarters, I initiated a proposal to construct 200 tunnels to link Delhi with the Valley and strongly feel that if rail services are started between Delhi and Kashmir Valley, militancy would be eliminated automatically," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray