Patna HC grants bail to Shahabuddin in a murder case
Patna: The Patna High Court on Monday granted bail to controversial former RJD MP from Siwan Mohammed Shahabuddin in a murder case.
A bench of Justice K K Mandal granted bail to Shahabuddin after his counsel YV Giri contended that the former MP was not the named accused in the murder case rather
he has only been charged with hatching conspiracy by the complainant in the case.
Besides this, the main assailants have already been granted bail by the High Court whereas Shahabuddin has been languishing in jail since November 7, 2005, Giri submitted.
One Ramakant Pathak, informant, had lodged an FIR on March 17, 2002 with Hussainaganj police station of Siwan alleging that his son and servant were shot dead by 10 to 12 accused persons.
Shahabuddin, however, would remain in jail in connection with the other criminal cases pending against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown