Patna HC grants bail to Shahabuddin in a murder case
Patna: The Patna High Court on Monday granted bail to controversial former RJD MP from Siwan Mohammed Shahabuddin in a murder case.
A bench of Justice K K Mandal granted bail to Shahabuddin after his counsel YV Giri contended that the former MP was not the named accused in the murder case rather
he has only been charged with hatching conspiracy by the complainant in the case.
Besides this, the main assailants have already been granted bail by the High Court whereas Shahabuddin has been languishing in jail since November 7, 2005, Giri submitted.
One Ramakant Pathak, informant, had lodged an FIR on March 17, 2002 with Hussainaganj police station of Siwan alleging that his son and servant were shot dead by 10 to 12 accused persons.
Shahabuddin, however, would remain in jail in connection with the other criminal cases pending against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Sikh candidate's billboard painted with 'ISIS' in NZ
- Syria border region must be `cleansed` of ISIS jihadists: Turkey
- IGL net profit jumps 44% to Rs 148 crore in June quarter
- NIA files chargesheet against Dawood's close aide Zahid Miyan
- Oh blonde! Anusha Dandekar and boyfriend Karan Kundra go twinning—See pics