Patna HC grants bail to Shahabuddin in a murder case
Patna: The Patna High Court on Monday granted bail to controversial former RJD MP from Siwan Mohammed Shahabuddin in a murder case.
A bench of Justice K K Mandal granted bail to Shahabuddin after his counsel YV Giri contended that the former MP was not the named accused in the murder case rather
he has only been charged with hatching conspiracy by the complainant in the case.
Besides this, the main assailants have already been granted bail by the High Court whereas Shahabuddin has been languishing in jail since November 7, 2005, Giri submitted.
One Ramakant Pathak, informant, had lodged an FIR on March 17, 2002 with Hussainaganj police station of Siwan alleging that his son and servant were shot dead by 10 to 12 accused persons.
Shahabuddin, however, would remain in jail in connection with the other criminal cases pending against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- At least 700 dead after series of shipwrecks off Libyan coast
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside
- No touching! Operate Google's smartwatches just with hand gestures - Watch
- Indo-Pak bilateral series: Pakistan govt tells PCB not to initiate dialogue with BCCI
- PCB confident of getting Mohammad Amir's visa for England tour