Patna HC grants bail to Shahabuddin in a murder case
Patna: The Patna High Court on Monday granted bail to controversial former RJD MP from Siwan Mohammed Shahabuddin in a murder case.
A bench of Justice K K Mandal granted bail to Shahabuddin after his counsel YV Giri contended that the former MP was not the named accused in the murder case rather
he has only been charged with hatching conspiracy by the complainant in the case.
Besides this, the main assailants have already been granted bail by the High Court whereas Shahabuddin has been languishing in jail since November 7, 2005, Giri submitted.
One Ramakant Pathak, informant, had lodged an FIR on March 17, 2002 with Hussainaganj police station of Siwan alleging that his son and servant were shot dead by 10 to 12 accused persons.
Shahabuddin, however, would remain in jail in connection with the other criminal cases pending against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India