Patna University rusticates 21 students for manhandling teachers
Patna: Bihar`s premier Patna University
has rusticated 21 students on the charge of violence and
manhandling of senior teachers.
"The university disciplinary committee which met here
yesterday decided to rusticate the students for violence and
manhandling of teachers at the principal`s chamber,"
university sources said on Monday.
All the students stood rusticated till the pendency of
the inquiry into their action, they said.
The university has informed the Patna district
administration about the action taken against the students and
sought security arrangements on the campus, the sources said.
The university Vice-Chancellor Shyam Lal said an
inquiry committee would shortly be constituted to look into
"The students will get a fair hearing, but there
will be zero tolerance for taking law into their own hands,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter