Patna University rusticates 21 students for manhandling teachers
Patna: Bihar`s premier Patna University
has rusticated 21 students on the charge of violence and
manhandling of senior teachers.
"The university disciplinary committee which met here
yesterday decided to rusticate the students for violence and
manhandling of teachers at the principal`s chamber,"
university sources said on Monday.
All the students stood rusticated till the pendency of
the inquiry into their action, they said.
The university has informed the Patna district
administration about the action taken against the students and
sought security arrangements on the campus, the sources said.
The university Vice-Chancellor Shyam Lal said an
inquiry committee would shortly be constituted to look into
"The students will get a fair hearing, but there
will be zero tolerance for taking law into their own hands,"
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics