Patna University rusticates 21 students for manhandling teachers
Patna: Bihar`s premier Patna University
has rusticated 21 students on the charge of violence and
manhandling of senior teachers.
"The university disciplinary committee which met here
yesterday decided to rusticate the students for violence and
manhandling of teachers at the principal`s chamber,"
university sources said on Monday.
All the students stood rusticated till the pendency of
the inquiry into their action, they said.
The university has informed the Patna district
administration about the action taken against the students and
sought security arrangements on the campus, the sources said.
The university Vice-Chancellor Shyam Lal said an
inquiry committee would shortly be constituted to look into
"The students will get a fair hearing, but there
will be zero tolerance for taking law into their own hands,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends