Patna University rusticates 21 students for manhandling teachers
Patna: Bihar`s premier Patna University
has rusticated 21 students on the charge of violence and
manhandling of senior teachers.
"The university disciplinary committee which met here
yesterday decided to rusticate the students for violence and
manhandling of teachers at the principal`s chamber,"
university sources said on Monday.
All the students stood rusticated till the pendency of
the inquiry into their action, they said.
The university has informed the Patna district
administration about the action taken against the students and
sought security arrangements on the campus, the sources said.
The university Vice-Chancellor Shyam Lal said an
inquiry committee would shortly be constituted to look into
"The students will get a fair hearing, but there
will be zero tolerance for taking law into their own hands,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?