Paypal suspends payment transactions in India
Washington: Online payment service provider Paypal has said it suspended certain types of payment transaction in India.
In a blog posted on its website, PayPal spokesperson Anuj Nayar wrote: "Personal payments to and from India and transfers to local banks in India have been suspended while we work with our business partners and other stakeholders to address questions they have about the service".
Without giving any further details for the unusual suspension, he added that the company is working "to resolve the situation as quickly as possible."
"During this time, customers can still make commercial payments to India but merchants cannot withdraw funds in rupees to local Indian banks," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged