Paypal suspends payment transactions in India
Washington: Online payment service provider Paypal has said it suspended certain types of payment transaction in India.
In a blog posted on its website, PayPal spokesperson Anuj Nayar wrote: "Personal payments to and from India and transfers to local banks in India have been suspended while we work with our business partners and other stakeholders to address questions they have about the service".
Without giving any further details for the unusual suspension, he added that the company is working "to resolve the situation as quickly as possible."
"During this time, customers can still make commercial payments to India but merchants cannot withdraw funds in rupees to local Indian banks," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation