PDP demands judicial comm to probe its role in sex scam
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) on Friday demanded setting up of a judicial commission to
probe into accusations that former chief minister Mufti
Mohammad Sayeed covered up the infamous sex scandal that
rocked Jammu and Kashmir in 2006.
"We demand a judicial probe into the allegations levelled
by ruling National Conference leaders that Mufti covered up
the sex scandal case when it surfaced," PDP legislature party
leader Mehbooba Mufti demanded in the state Assembly.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah had accused Sayeed of
shutting his eyes to the sex scandal when it first surfaced as
his own people were involved.
"He should have resigned that time only but he preferred
to shut his eyes", Omar had said last week.
Speaking during Zero Hour, Mehbooba said her father
(Sayeed) has been accused of covering up the scandal.
"Let there be a judicial inquiry into the allegations so
that truth comes out," she said.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah did not responded to the
However, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ali Mohammad
Sagar said the issue of sex scandal was first raised by the
The House also witnessed a din over the Central
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH