Peru`s referees very sensitive, says Solano
Peru: Former Peru captain Nolberto Solano has criticised the country`s referees for being sensitive.
"You can`t complain or say anything to the referees," the former Newcastle United, Aston Villa and West Ham United midfielder, who returned home to play for Universitario earlier this year, told reporters. "I think the referees are very sensitive. They`re exaggerating."
Solano`s remarks came after Universitario coach Juan Reynoso was sent off for dissent during Sunday`s game at Inti Gas. Reynoso was later banned for two matches for his outburst.
"It`s also right to say that we (the players) have to help. Some fall over, pretend they`ve been fouled and create doubts for the referees," added Solano.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav doping scandal: He can't do something like this, says Yogeshwar Dutt
- Preparing for your dream job? Opt for an in-person interview
- Maruti Q1 profit soars 23% to Rs 1,486 crore
- 7th Pay Commission: Not appropriate to compare pay hike recommendations with previous ones, says Govt
- Army officer commits suicide