Phelps, Cielo, head for Paris Open
Paris: US swim star Michael Phelps, Brazilian dual world champion Cesar Cielo, and France`s 100m Olympic gold medalist Alain Bernard will be the star turns at next month`s Paris Open.
The trio`s participation in the June 26-27 event was confirmed by organisers at a press conference.
Phelps, the record eight-time gold medal winner at the Beijing Games, is set to clash with Bernard, in the 100m, and is to be paid 100,000 euros by the organisers so long as he competes in at least two events.
French team manager Christian Donze said: "He (Phelps) told us `I can guarantee you that I`m not coming to France, home of the sprinters, to hide myself away and not compete in the 100m`."
The total budget for the meet is 1.3million euros.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress