Phelps qualifies for 200 butterfly semi-finals
Shanghai: Michael Phelps shook off a rusty 150 metres to storm home in the final lap and qualify for the men`s 200 metres butterfly semi-finals at the world swimming championships on Tuesday.
The Olympic champion, who is also in the final of the 200 freestyle later on Tuesday, clocked one minute, 56.77 seconds to finish first in his heat and 11th overall.
The 26-year-old is swimming four individual events in Shanghai, the 100 and 200 butterfly, 200 freestyle and 200 individual medley and three relays as he prepares for next year`s London Olympics.
Phelps lead off the US 4x100 freestyle relay on Sunday, but they heavily fancied team were usurped by a young Australian quartet and France.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH