Phelps to make long-course return in Charlotte
Melbourne: Olympic swimming champion Michael Phelps is scheduled to make his first long-course appearance of the season at the Charlotte UltraSwim meet on Friday.
The 14-times Olympic gold medallist is scheduled to compete in the 200 metres freestyle and 100 metres butterfly on Friday, the 50 metres and 100 metres backstroke on Saturday followed by the 200 individual medley on Sunday.
His toughest events could be the 50 free, which is not among his favorites, and the 100 backstroke, where he will face top backstroker Aaron Peirsol.
Olympic gold medallists Natalie Coughlin, Ryan Lochte and Rebecca Soni also are entered in the meet.
With no Olympics or world championships this year, the US nationals and Pan Pacific championships in California will be their top priorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?