Phelps to make long-course return in Charlotte
Melbourne: Olympic swimming champion Michael Phelps is scheduled to make his first long-course appearance of the season at the Charlotte UltraSwim meet on Friday.
The 14-times Olympic gold medallist is scheduled to compete in the 200 metres freestyle and 100 metres butterfly on Friday, the 50 metres and 100 metres backstroke on Saturday followed by the 200 individual medley on Sunday.
His toughest events could be the 50 free, which is not among his favorites, and the 100 backstroke, where he will face top backstroker Aaron Peirsol.
Olympic gold medallists Natalie Coughlin, Ryan Lochte and Rebecca Soni also are entered in the meet.
With no Olympics or world championships this year, the US nationals and Pan Pacific championships in California will be their top priorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him