Phelps to make long-course return in Charlotte
Melbourne: Olympic swimming champion Michael Phelps is scheduled to make his first long-course appearance of the season at the Charlotte UltraSwim meet on Friday.
The 14-times Olympic gold medallist is scheduled to compete in the 200 metres freestyle and 100 metres butterfly on Friday, the 50 metres and 100 metres backstroke on Saturday followed by the 200 individual medley on Sunday.
His toughest events could be the 50 free, which is not among his favorites, and the 100 backstroke, where he will face top backstroker Aaron Peirsol.
Olympic gold medallists Natalie Coughlin, Ryan Lochte and Rebecca Soni also are entered in the meet.
With no Olympics or world championships this year, the US nationals and Pan Pacific championships in California will be their top priorities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!