Phelps wins two races at Charlotte UltraSwim meet
Charlotte: Michael Phelps captured the 100-metre butterfly and 200 metre freestyle at the Charlotte UltraSwim long course meet.
Phelps on Friday needed a late push to fend off Peter Vanderkaay in the 200 metre free, winning by just 0.04 seconds. He hopes to carry Friday`s success over to Saturday`s 100 metre backstroke.
Two-time Olympian Natalie Coughlin shaded Felicia Lee to win the 100 metre butterfly.
Coughlin had the only sub-minute time in preliminaries, then bettered her time by 1.53 seconds in the final. Coughlin is taking part in just her second meet in two years.
Chloe Sutton finished second in the 200 metre freestyle. Allison Schmidt, one of several Olympians competing in the four-day event, placed 13th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final