Phelps wins two races at Charlotte UltraSwim meet
Charlotte: Michael Phelps captured the 100-metre butterfly and 200 metre freestyle at the Charlotte UltraSwim long course meet.
Phelps on Friday needed a late push to fend off Peter Vanderkaay in the 200 metre free, winning by just 0.04 seconds. He hopes to carry Friday`s success over to Saturday`s 100 metre backstroke.
Two-time Olympian Natalie Coughlin shaded Felicia Lee to win the 100 metre butterfly.
Coughlin had the only sub-minute time in preliminaries, then bettered her time by 1.53 seconds in the final. Coughlin is taking part in just her second meet in two years.
Chloe Sutton finished second in the 200 metre freestyle. Allison Schmidt, one of several Olympians competing in the four-day event, placed 13th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'