Phelps wraps up Canada Cup with wins
Ottawa: American swimming star Michael Phelps posted his second victory in two days, capturing the men`s 100 metre butterfly at the Canada Cup swimming competition.
The 14-time Olympic gold medalist Phelps clocked 51.32 seconds to beat his American compatriot Chris Brady by more than a second.
On Saturday, Phelps cruised to victory in the 200 metre freestyle in the event which serves as a tune up for the World Championships in two weeks in Shanghai, China.
Phelps won a record eight gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics and set seven world records, becoming the most decorated Olympic athlete in history.
In 2009, a British tabloid published a photo of Phelps using a marijuana pipe, resulting in a three-month suspension by USA Swimming.
Other winners in men`s competition Sunday included Brett Hayden of Canada in the 50 metre freestyle and Scott Dickens of Canada in the 200 metre breastroke.
On the women`s side, Canada`s Katerine Savard won the 100 metre butterfly in 58.68 seconds to beat out Phelps for the meet`s top performer award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal