Pipavav Shipyard sees lacklustre debut; ends 2% down on BSE
Mumbai: Private sector shipbuilder Pipavav Shipyard received lukewarm response from investors in its debut trade on the bourses on Friday and closed down 2.06 percent down on the BSE over the issue price of Rs 58 a share.
Shares of the company, which had opened up 3.54 percent
at Rs 60.05 and went up to touch an intra-day high of Rs
64.70, settled at Rs 56.80 on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
The stock also touched a low of Rs 53.85 during the
A total of over 13.15 crore shares of Pipavav Shipyard
changed hands on both the bourses.
On the National Stock Exchange, the scrip settled down
1.72 percent at Rs 57. During the market hours the scrip
jumped to Rs 61.10 and plunged to Rs 53.85.
The company entered the primary market with a total issue
size of 8.54 crore shares at Rs 58 a piece.
It plans to use the proceeds for the construction of
ship-building facilities, repair and offshore business and for
general corporate purposes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder