Pithoragarh landslide toll rises to 43
Pithoragarh: The death toll from the landslide in Uttarakhand`s Pithoragarh district has risen to 43.
According to sources, at least 20 bodies have been pulled out from the debris so far. On Saturday, the landslide buried three remote villages in Uttarakhand.
At least 46 families have been affected by the tragedy.
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal has announced a compensation of one lakh rupees as exgratia to the kin of each of the deceased.
A downpour has lashed the region since Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi