Pithoragarh landslide toll rises to 43
Pithoragarh: The death toll from the landslide in Uttarakhand`s Pithoragarh district has risen to 43.
According to sources, at least 20 bodies have been pulled out from the debris so far. On Saturday, the landslide buried three remote villages in Uttarakhand.
At least 46 families have been affected by the tragedy.
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal has announced a compensation of one lakh rupees as exgratia to the kin of each of the deceased.
A downpour has lashed the region since Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai