Pithoragarh landslide toll rises to 43
Pithoragarh: The death toll from the landslide in Uttarakhand`s Pithoragarh district has risen to 43.
According to sources, at least 20 bodies have been pulled out from the debris so far. On Saturday, the landslide buried three remote villages in Uttarakhand.
At least 46 families have been affected by the tragedy.
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal has announced a compensation of one lakh rupees as exgratia to the kin of each of the deceased.
A downpour has lashed the region since Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi