Pithoragarh landslide toll rises to 43
Pithoragarh: The death toll from the landslide in Uttarakhand`s Pithoragarh district has risen to 43.
According to sources, at least 20 bodies have been pulled out from the debris so far. On Saturday, the landslide buried three remote villages in Uttarakhand.
At least 46 families have been affected by the tragedy.
Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal has announced a compensation of one lakh rupees as exgratia to the kin of each of the deceased.
A downpour has lashed the region since Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'