Plea against Khurshid over Muslim quota remark
Farukhabad: A petition has been filed
against Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid in a local court
here demanding action against him for allegedly flaring up
communal sentiments by his statements on Muslim sub-quota.
Local lawyer K K Gupta filed the petition here yesterday
alleging that Khurshid`s statement that he would ensure nine
per cent reservation to Muslims "even if the EC hangs him"
were aimed at ensuring the victory of his wife Louis Khurshid
by flaring up communal sentiments.
"Thus appropriate action should be taken against him
under the Peoples Representation Act and relevant section of
the IPC," he said on Tuesday.
The lawyers said that he had given application to the
local police chief demanding action against Khurshid but
"nothing was done".
The court of Judicial Magistrate (10) Vikas has fixed
February 18 as the next date of hearing.
The Law Minister told an election meeting in Farrukhabad
last week that he would continue to fight for Muslim sub-quota
even "if they (EC) hang me".
The EC had written a letter to President Pratibha Patil
seeking her intervention on Khurshid`s alleged defiance of the
poll body`s censure of his remarks promising to double job
sub-quota for Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?