Plea against Khurshid over Muslim quota remark
Farukhabad: A petition has been filed
against Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid in a local court
here demanding action against him for allegedly flaring up
communal sentiments by his statements on Muslim sub-quota.
Local lawyer K K Gupta filed the petition here yesterday
alleging that Khurshid`s statement that he would ensure nine
per cent reservation to Muslims "even if the EC hangs him"
were aimed at ensuring the victory of his wife Louis Khurshid
by flaring up communal sentiments.
"Thus appropriate action should be taken against him
under the Peoples Representation Act and relevant section of
the IPC," he said on Tuesday.
The lawyers said that he had given application to the
local police chief demanding action against Khurshid but
"nothing was done".
The court of Judicial Magistrate (10) Vikas has fixed
February 18 as the next date of hearing.
The Law Minister told an election meeting in Farrukhabad
last week that he would continue to fight for Muslim sub-quota
even "if they (EC) hang me".
The EC had written a letter to President Pratibha Patil
seeking her intervention on Khurshid`s alleged defiance of the
poll body`s censure of his remarks promising to double job
sub-quota for Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow