Plea against Khurshid over Muslim quota remark
Farukhabad: A petition has been filed
against Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid in a local court
here demanding action against him for allegedly flaring up
communal sentiments by his statements on Muslim sub-quota.
Local lawyer K K Gupta filed the petition here yesterday
alleging that Khurshid`s statement that he would ensure nine
per cent reservation to Muslims "even if the EC hangs him"
were aimed at ensuring the victory of his wife Louis Khurshid
by flaring up communal sentiments.
"Thus appropriate action should be taken against him
under the Peoples Representation Act and relevant section of
the IPC," he said on Tuesday.
The lawyers said that he had given application to the
local police chief demanding action against Khurshid but
"nothing was done".
The court of Judicial Magistrate (10) Vikas has fixed
February 18 as the next date of hearing.
The Law Minister told an election meeting in Farrukhabad
last week that he would continue to fight for Muslim sub-quota
even "if they (EC) hang me".
The EC had written a letter to President Pratibha Patil
seeking her intervention on Khurshid`s alleged defiance of the
poll body`s censure of his remarks promising to double job
sub-quota for Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter