PM to visit Puducherry on June 30
Puducherry: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would inaugurate the Madanjeet Singh Institute of South East Asian Regional Cooperation and Green Energy Technologies in the Pondicherry University here on June 30.
The Prime Minister would also present the convocation address at JIPMER, a premier autonomous health institution here under the union health ministry, on that day, Pondicherry University Vice-Chancellor JAK Tareen told reporters on Tuesday.
The Madanjeet Singh Institute was set up with the aim of promoting regional cooperation among SAARC countries and also to promote green energy technologies and had been offering courses in the area.
The institute was established through a Memorandum of Understanding with South Asian Foundation (SAF), set up by UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Madanjeet Singh, signed last year.
The University had been conducting the course since last year and the Prime Minister, on his first to Puducherry, would formally inaugurate it, Dr Tareen said.
Under the MoU, SAF had provided a financial grant of five lakh US Dollars spread over five years to impart advanced education, to conduct research and perform extensive and outreach activities in green energy technologies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray