PM to visit Puducherry on June 30
Puducherry: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would inaugurate the Madanjeet Singh Institute of South East Asian Regional Cooperation and Green Energy Technologies in the Pondicherry University here on June 30.
The Prime Minister would also present the convocation address at JIPMER, a premier autonomous health institution here under the union health ministry, on that day, Pondicherry University Vice-Chancellor JAK Tareen told reporters on Tuesday.
The Madanjeet Singh Institute was set up with the aim of promoting regional cooperation among SAARC countries and also to promote green energy technologies and had been offering courses in the area.
The institute was established through a Memorandum of Understanding with South Asian Foundation (SAF), set up by UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Madanjeet Singh, signed last year.
The University had been conducting the course since last year and the Prime Minister, on his first to Puducherry, would formally inaugurate it, Dr Tareen said.
Under the MoU, SAF had provided a financial grant of five lakh US Dollars spread over five years to impart advanced education, to conduct research and perform extensive and outreach activities in green energy technologies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi