PNB Q2 Net up 31% at Rs 927 cr
New Delhi: The country`s second largest public sector lender, Punjab National Bank, Thursday reported a 31.1 per cent growth in net profit at Rs 927 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, 2009.
Total income of the state-run lender rose to Rs 6,075.86 crore during the July-September quarter, from Rs 5,313.18 crore in the year-ago period, PNB said in a statement.
Interest income rose to Rs 5,407 crore, an increase of 16 per cent over the corresponding quarter in the last fiscal.
The capital adequacy ratio surged to 14.74 per cent at the end of September 30, the newly appointed Chairman and Managing Director of PNB KR Kamath told reporters here.
However, the net interest margin declined to 3.64 per cent against 3.78 per cent in the preceding quarter.
Total business of the bank have gone up to Rs 3,94,382 crore at the end of the period.
Kamath said the board has approved acquiring 63.6 per cent stake in a joint venture floated in association with Kazakhstan-based Dana Bank.
The bank would be moving ahead with regards to taking necessary regulatory approvals for operationalisation of the JV, he added.
Shares of PNB were trading at Rs 842, down 1.16 per cent in the afternoon trade on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part VI
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part VII
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days
- DNA: Analysis of PM Modi-led government's promise of good days- Part II
- Modi govt will be known for fulfilling promises: LK Advani
- Sleep apnea gets worse in post-menopausal women
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns