Police impose prohibitory orders in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: Declaring the proposed `Chalo
Assembly` on February 20 by different Telangana Students
Committees as illegal, the Hyderabad City Police today
announced to heightened security arrangments and imposed
prohibitory orders to prevent unlawful assembling of persons.
The call given by Telangana Students Joint Action
Committee and Osmania University Students Joint Action
Committee (OUSJAC) to lay siege to the AP Assembly here on
February 20 is illegal and is not permitted, Hyderabad City
Police Commissioner A K Khan said.
With a view to maintain public order, peace and
tranquility in Hyderabad city, the police chief imposed
prohibitory orders U/s 144 CrPC prohibiting every kind of
procession, dharna, rally or public meetings and on making
Effective bandobust arrangements to prevent the
gathering of such unlawful assembly is being made and police
force under the supervision of senior police officials will be
deployed at vulnerable points, he said and cautioned students
and others from Hyderabad and other districts not to reach or
congregate in the city, in view of the anticipated Law and
The prohibitory orders would be in force from 6 am
from tomorrow to 6 am on February 25.
The police have also imposed plenty of traffic
restrictions in different parts of the city and flyovers shall
also remain closed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains taken to Rajaji Hall for people to pay last respects
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what