Police inspector arrested for neglecting gang rape in lockup
Betul (MP): A police inspector was arrested
in connection with a case where a woman was allegedly gang
raped by policemen while in their custody, officials said here
The accused Anil Singh Thakur, former in-charge of Amla
police station, was arrested under section 212 (harbouring
offenders) and other sections of IPC last evening by a special
team, they said.
The other accused, head constable Nandkishore Mishra and
constable Satish Choure of Amla police station have been
dismissed following directions from State Director General
of Police S K Raut, they said.
The action against policemen were taken after a woman
arrested in a dowry case alleged gang rape by the head
constable and others in police custody on June 3.
Following the complaint some women rights group raised
the issue and petitioned state DGP on August 4 in Bhopal
following which he asked the Range DIG to probe the matter.
The DGP then directed the DIG to dismiss Mishra and
Choure while Thakur was line-attached (removed from field
duties) to police line, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?