Police inspector arrested for neglecting gang rape in lockup
Betul (MP): A police inspector was arrested
in connection with a case where a woman was allegedly gang
raped by policemen while in their custody, officials said here
The accused Anil Singh Thakur, former in-charge of Amla
police station, was arrested under section 212 (harbouring
offenders) and other sections of IPC last evening by a special
team, they said.
The other accused, head constable Nandkishore Mishra and
constable Satish Choure of Amla police station have been
dismissed following directions from State Director General
of Police S K Raut, they said.
The action against policemen were taken after a woman
arrested in a dowry case alleged gang rape by the head
constable and others in police custody on June 3.
Following the complaint some women rights group raised
the issue and petitioned state DGP on August 4 in Bhopal
following which he asked the Range DIG to probe the matter.
The DGP then directed the DIG to dismiss Mishra and
Choure while Thakur was line-attached (removed from field
duties) to police line, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?