Police inspector arrested for neglecting gang rape in lockup
Betul (MP): A police inspector was arrested
in connection with a case where a woman was allegedly gang
raped by policemen while in their custody, officials said here
The accused Anil Singh Thakur, former in-charge of Amla
police station, was arrested under section 212 (harbouring
offenders) and other sections of IPC last evening by a special
team, they said.
The other accused, head constable Nandkishore Mishra and
constable Satish Choure of Amla police station have been
dismissed following directions from State Director General
of Police S K Raut, they said.
The action against policemen were taken after a woman
arrested in a dowry case alleged gang rape by the head
constable and others in police custody on June 3.
Following the complaint some women rights group raised
the issue and petitioned state DGP on August 4 in Bhopal
following which he asked the Range DIG to probe the matter.
The DGP then directed the DIG to dismiss Mishra and
Choure while Thakur was line-attached (removed from field
duties) to police line, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says