Police inspector jailed for raping minor
Hyderabad: A police inspector accused of raping his colleague`s 16-year-old daughter, surrendered Thursday before a city court after evading arrest for over a month.
N.C.H. Rangaswamy, circle inspector of Madannapet police station in the city, surrendered before Ranga Reddy district court, which remanded him to judicial custody till Oct 28. He was taken to Cherlapally Jail on the city`s outskirts.
The accused claimed that he was innocent and the parents of the girl were trying to implicate him in a false case.
Rangaswamy was on the run since Sep 1 when the Central Crime Station (CCS) registered a case against him for allegedly raping the daughter of a woman constable posted at the police commissioner`s office. Hyderabad Police Commissioner A.K. Khan had suspended him soon after.
Rangaswamy was a frequent visitor to the woman constable`s house in Saroornagar. The inspector allegedly committed the act Aug 30, when he found her daughter alone. The girl`s father returned home to catch the inspector red-handed.
The Saroornagar police station refused to register the case, after which the girl`s parents approached the police commissioner and lodged a complaint with the Central Crime Station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you