Policemen on poll duty go on rampage
Hathras (UP): Police personnel on election
duty Monday went on a rampage damaging vehicles and blocking
road traffic after one of their colleagues was allegedly
manhandled by a senior officer.
Agitated over the incident, the policemen pelted stones
at vehicles, blocked Aligarh-Hathras road for several hours
and damaged cameras of mediapersons, officials said here.
The blockade was lifted after Additional Superintendent
of Police Ashok Kumar Shukla who allegedly manhandled the
jawan was shifted.
Chief Electoral Officer Umesh Sinha said the ASP had been
shifted and attached to the DGP headquarters.
"A detailed report has been sought from the DM and the SP
of Hathras district," he told reporters in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister