Political bankruptcy of CPI(M) is exposed: Mamata
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata
Banerjee on Wednesday said that a "politically bankrupt" CPI(M) was
mounting attacks on her party candidates and workers.
"Fearing defeat in the hustings, CPI(M) has been
creating terror in the state. My appeal to all Trinamool
workers is to maintain cool and lodge protest politically,"
Banerjee said in an SMS message.
Asking party workers not to be provoked by CPI(M)`s
"violent instigation", she said, "People will give a fitting
reply to CPI(M) in the coming elections."
Banerjee`s appeal comes a day after she led a
padayatra of thousands of people at the CPI(M) stronghold
of Jamuria in Burdwan district where Rabin Kazi, a Trinamool
minority cell leader, was crushed to death under the wheels of
a car by alleged coal mafia on Monday.
The attackers also assaulted Trinamool Congress
candidate for the Jamuria Assembly constituency, whom Kazi
tried to save, while he was returning after campaigning for
the State Assembly elections at Barui village.
The Trinamool supremo earlier at a rally claimed that
the violence was a result of panic within the CPI(M)
leadership. "How brutal can people be to deliberately crush
somebody under the wheels of a car?"
An assistant sub-inspector of police Asit Mandal was
suspended in connection with the killing and departmental
proceedings were drawn up against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister