Political parties upbeat; decision on Cong-NCP pact soon
Mumbai: Political parties on Monday welcomed the
schedule for Assembly elections in Maharashtra where voting
will take place in a single phase on October 13.
Senior NCP leader Govindrao Adik said political parties
were used to two phase polling for the last two Assembly
elections. "But, we are prepared to face the electorate and
welcome the poll schedule," he said.
State Congress President Manikrao Thakre expressed
satisfaction with the voting date which is before Diwali.
Congress is well prepared and the atmosphere is in favour
of the party, he claimed.
Both Adik and Thakre said decision on continuing the
decade-old Congress-NCP alliance is expected in a day or two.
"We have no problem with the date and single phase
polling in the state. Our party is geared up and prepared to
face the polls," Sena spokesperson Neelam Gorhe said.
Sena`s ally BJP was expecting the same date and is also
prepared for the polls, BJP spokesperson Madhav Bhandari said.
"Now the seat sharing and list of candidates would be
declared soon and campaigning would start soon," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?