Political parties upbeat; decision on Cong-NCP pact soon
Mumbai: Political parties on Monday welcomed the
schedule for Assembly elections in Maharashtra where voting
will take place in a single phase on October 13.
Senior NCP leader Govindrao Adik said political parties
were used to two phase polling for the last two Assembly
elections. "But, we are prepared to face the electorate and
welcome the poll schedule," he said.
State Congress President Manikrao Thakre expressed
satisfaction with the voting date which is before Diwali.
Congress is well prepared and the atmosphere is in favour
of the party, he claimed.
Both Adik and Thakre said decision on continuing the
decade-old Congress-NCP alliance is expected in a day or two.
"We have no problem with the date and single phase
polling in the state. Our party is geared up and prepared to
face the polls," Sena spokesperson Neelam Gorhe said.
Sena`s ally BJP was expecting the same date and is also
prepared for the polls, BJP spokesperson Madhav Bhandari said.
"Now the seat sharing and list of candidates would be
declared soon and campaigning would start soon," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore