Poll code breach: Case against Advani
Ahmedabad, Dec 19: A police complaint has been filed against BJP leader L K Advani by Election Commission officials for alleged breach of model code of conduct by talking to mediapersons outside a polling booth here during assembly elections, police officials said on Wednesday.
Assistant Election Officer of Shahpur constituency V K Shah, in his complaint to the police, said Advani, after casting his vote at a polling booth in Bharadaiyawas Municipal school of Khanpur on December 16, had addressed a group of around 20 newspersons some of whom had cameras.
His address to mediapersons outside the polling booth was violation of code of conduct, said the complaint filed late Tuesday night.
Advani, after casting his vote on Sunday, had addressed mediapersons outside a polling booth where he had expressed confidence that BJP will win in Gujarat as well as Himachal Pradesh elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram