Poll code breach: Case against Advani
Ahmedabad, Dec 19: A police complaint has been filed against BJP leader L K Advani by Election Commission officials for alleged breach of model code of conduct by talking to mediapersons outside a polling booth here during assembly elections, police officials said on Wednesday.
Assistant Election Officer of Shahpur constituency V K Shah, in his complaint to the police, said Advani, after casting his vote at a polling booth in Bharadaiyawas Municipal school of Khanpur on December 16, had addressed a group of around 20 newspersons some of whom had cameras.
His address to mediapersons outside the polling booth was violation of code of conduct, said the complaint filed late Tuesday night.
Advani, after casting his vote on Sunday, had addressed mediapersons outside a polling booth where he had expressed confidence that BJP will win in Gujarat as well as Himachal Pradesh elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city