Poll grievances committee constituted in Assam
Guwahati: Assam Chief Electoral Officer
Hemanta Narzary on Friday constituted a three-member grievances
committee to look into all election related complaints during
the coming assembly polls.
The three-member committee will entertain complaints or
grievances of all political parties, candidates or any other
persons in regard to the decision to grant or refuse
certification of an advertisement of political nature,
official sources said.
The committee comprises of the Assam chief electoral
officer as the chairperson, an observer appointed by the
Election Commission and the Director of Field Publicity,
Assam, Government of India.
Assembly polls in Assam will be held in two phases with
62 constituencies going to polls on April 4 and the remaining
64 on April 11.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata