Pondy oppn call for bandh on April 27 seeking Lt Guv`s recall
Puducherry: The opposition parties in
Puducherry have called for a dawn-to-dusk bandh here on
April 27 demanding recall of Lt Governor Iqbal Singh who they
alleged is embroiled in "various controversies."
A resolution adopted at the end of the meeting here
today, attended by AIADMK, All India N R Congress and left
parties, among others, said the bandh has been called to
protest Iqbal Singh continuing in office "despite several
controversies, including the one relating to South Education
Trust in which his relatives are allegedly members."
The Trust had obtained certificates to go ahead with its
medical college project without adhering to formal procedures,
CPI local committee secretary N Kalainathan alleged.
The meeting demanded that Singh step down on his own or
else the President should intervene and recall him without
loss of time, he told reporters.
Those who attended the meeting included AIADMK unit
secretary A Anbalagan, AINRC secretary V Bhalane, Kalainathan
and CPI (M) leaders V Perumal and T Murugan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani