Pondy to soon distribute cash relief to Karaikal farmers
Puducherry: The administration would soon distribute the cash relief to farmers of Karaikal region now reeling under drought, Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy has said.
"We will distribute the amount as was announced on the floor of the Assembly during the recent session," he told reporters here on Wednesday.
On the size of the Union Territory`s annual plan (2013-14), Rangasamy said he would have discussions with the Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission at Delhi as soon as a communication is received from the Commission.
The Puducherry State Planning Board had on Monday last finalized the draft plan document seeking an outlay of Rs 2000 crore.
Official sources had claimed that the size of the plan prepared by the Planning Board was based on the `reserve position` of the funds of Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley