Pondy to soon distribute cash relief to Karaikal farmers
Puducherry: The administration would soon distribute the cash relief to farmers of Karaikal region now reeling under drought, Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy has said.
"We will distribute the amount as was announced on the floor of the Assembly during the recent session," he told reporters here on Wednesday.
On the size of the Union Territory`s annual plan (2013-14), Rangasamy said he would have discussions with the Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission at Delhi as soon as a communication is received from the Commission.
The Puducherry State Planning Board had on Monday last finalized the draft plan document seeking an outlay of Rs 2000 crore.
Official sources had claimed that the size of the plan prepared by the Planning Board was based on the `reserve position` of the funds of Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'