Pondy to soon distribute cash relief to Karaikal farmers
Puducherry: The administration would soon distribute the cash relief to farmers of Karaikal region now reeling under drought, Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy has said.
"We will distribute the amount as was announced on the floor of the Assembly during the recent session," he told reporters here on Wednesday.
On the size of the Union Territory`s annual plan (2013-14), Rangasamy said he would have discussions with the Deputy Chairman of Planning Commission at Delhi as soon as a communication is received from the Commission.
The Puducherry State Planning Board had on Monday last finalized the draft plan document seeking an outlay of Rs 2000 crore.
Official sources had claimed that the size of the plan prepared by the Planning Board was based on the `reserve position` of the funds of Puducherry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan