Pondy`s action plan to protect girl students
Puducherry: As part of efforts to protect girl students, the Puducherry government has drawn up an action plan which includes ban on students carrying mobile phones.
Schools would be equipped with complaint boxes to enable girls to register complaints, plying of separate buses for girls and boys and a close vigil on the behaviour of crew members were among the measures taken at a meeting Education and Electricity Minister T Thiagarajan had with Education and police officials on Saturday.
Thiagarajan said both boys and girls would be prevented from carrying mobile phones.
The meeting comes in the wake of the alleged abduction and rape of a 17-year-old girl on January 1. Two persons, including a bus conductor, have been arrested.
Whenever the schools conducted special classes, parents should be informed in advance, Thiagarajan said, adding they should also be informed whenever their wards were absent.
Director of School Education Vallavan and also police officials participated in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review