Pondy`s action plan to protect girl students
Puducherry: As part of efforts to protect girl students, the Puducherry government has drawn up an action plan which includes ban on students carrying mobile phones.
Schools would be equipped with complaint boxes to enable girls to register complaints, plying of separate buses for girls and boys and a close vigil on the behaviour of crew members were among the measures taken at a meeting Education and Electricity Minister T Thiagarajan had with Education and police officials on Saturday.
Thiagarajan said both boys and girls would be prevented from carrying mobile phones.
The meeting comes in the wake of the alleged abduction and rape of a 17-year-old girl on January 1. Two persons, including a bus conductor, have been arrested.
Whenever the schools conducted special classes, parents should be informed in advance, Thiagarajan said, adding they should also be informed whenever their wards were absent.
Director of School Education Vallavan and also police officials participated in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands