Pondy`s action plan to protect girl students
Puducherry: As part of efforts to protect girl students, the Puducherry government has drawn up an action plan which includes ban on students carrying mobile phones.
Schools would be equipped with complaint boxes to enable girls to register complaints, plying of separate buses for girls and boys and a close vigil on the behaviour of crew members were among the measures taken at a meeting Education and Electricity Minister T Thiagarajan had with Education and police officials on Saturday.
Thiagarajan said both boys and girls would be prevented from carrying mobile phones.
The meeting comes in the wake of the alleged abduction and rape of a 17-year-old girl on January 1. Two persons, including a bus conductor, have been arrested.
Whenever the schools conducted special classes, parents should be informed in advance, Thiagarajan said, adding they should also be informed whenever their wards were absent.
Director of School Education Vallavan and also police officials participated in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday