Pondy`s action plan to protect girl students
Puducherry: As part of efforts to protect girl students, the Puducherry government has drawn up an action plan which includes ban on students carrying mobile phones.
Schools would be equipped with complaint boxes to enable girls to register complaints, plying of separate buses for girls and boys and a close vigil on the behaviour of crew members were among the measures taken at a meeting Education and Electricity Minister T Thiagarajan had with Education and police officials on Saturday.
Thiagarajan said both boys and girls would be prevented from carrying mobile phones.
The meeting comes in the wake of the alleged abduction and rape of a 17-year-old girl on January 1. Two persons, including a bus conductor, have been arrested.
Whenever the schools conducted special classes, parents should be informed in advance, Thiagarajan said, adding they should also be informed whenever their wards were absent.
Director of School Education Vallavan and also police officials participated in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred