Pondy`s action plan to protect girl students
Puducherry: As part of efforts to protect girl students, the Puducherry government has drawn up an action plan which includes ban on students carrying mobile phones.
Schools would be equipped with complaint boxes to enable girls to register complaints, plying of separate buses for girls and boys and a close vigil on the behaviour of crew members were among the measures taken at a meeting Education and Electricity Minister T Thiagarajan had with Education and police officials on Saturday.
Thiagarajan said both boys and girls would be prevented from carrying mobile phones.
The meeting comes in the wake of the alleged abduction and rape of a 17-year-old girl on January 1. Two persons, including a bus conductor, have been arrested.
Whenever the schools conducted special classes, parents should be informed in advance, Thiagarajan said, adding they should also be informed whenever their wards were absent.
Director of School Education Vallavan and also police officials participated in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug