Pondy`s financial aid to differently abled persons
Puducherry: The Puducherry government on Thursday rolled out a scheme to provide financial assistance to differently abled persons to enable them to meet part of marriage expenditure.
Inaugurating the scheme, Welfare Minister P Rajavelu handed over Rs 25,000 to each of 16 differently abled persons under the scheme which would be extended in all the four regions of Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam, an official source said.
Rajavelu said Puducherry government was keen about encouraging differently abled persons under various welfare schemes for their socio economic development. He also handed over Rs 10,000 to each of the ten families whose main bread winners had volunteered to donate eyes after death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday