Pondy`s financial aid to differently abled persons
Puducherry: The Puducherry government on Thursday rolled out a scheme to provide financial assistance to differently abled persons to enable them to meet part of marriage expenditure.
Inaugurating the scheme, Welfare Minister P Rajavelu handed over Rs 25,000 to each of 16 differently abled persons under the scheme which would be extended in all the four regions of Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam, an official source said.
Rajavelu said Puducherry government was keen about encouraging differently abled persons under various welfare schemes for their socio economic development. He also handed over Rs 10,000 to each of the ten families whose main bread winners had volunteered to donate eyes after death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj