Poojashree, Sanaa Bhambri advance in ITF Women`s Open
Bangalore: Top seed Poojashree Venkatesha
and sixth seed Sanaa Bhamri moved into the semifinals of
the USD 10,000 QuestNet ITF Women`s Open tennis tournament
Poojashree`s booked her place in the last four stage after
Treta Bhattacharya, trailing 0-6, conceded the quarterfinal
due to temperature and back problem.
In the other quarterfinal, Sanaa surprised third seeded
Isha Lakhani 6-2 7-5 to set up a semifinal encounter against
eighth seeded Dalila Jakupovic of Slovakia.
Jakupovic came from behind to eliminate Elodie
Rogge-Dietrich of France 3-6 6-2 6-4 in another last eight
Meanwhile, in the other semifinal, Poojashree, gunning
for her third ITF title, would face fourth seeded Israeli
Keren Shlomo, who defeated Chun-Yan He of China 6-2 6-4.
In the doubles final, Moe Kawatoko of Japan) and Kumari
Sweta Solanki of India would take on Poojashree and Isha.
Moe-Kumari Sweta duo beat Sanaa-Rushmi Chakravarthi pair
5-7 6-2 7-6 (10-8), while Poojashree and Isha prevailed over
Chun-Yan He-Dalila Jakupovic combinartion 4-6
6-1 7-6 (10-4).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway