Poojashree, Sanaa Bhambri advance in ITF Women`s Open
Bangalore: Top seed Poojashree Venkatesha
and sixth seed Sanaa Bhamri moved into the semifinals of
the USD 10,000 QuestNet ITF Women`s Open tennis tournament
Poojashree`s booked her place in the last four stage after
Treta Bhattacharya, trailing 0-6, conceded the quarterfinal
due to temperature and back problem.
In the other quarterfinal, Sanaa surprised third seeded
Isha Lakhani 6-2 7-5 to set up a semifinal encounter against
eighth seeded Dalila Jakupovic of Slovakia.
Jakupovic came from behind to eliminate Elodie
Rogge-Dietrich of France 3-6 6-2 6-4 in another last eight
Meanwhile, in the other semifinal, Poojashree, gunning
for her third ITF title, would face fourth seeded Israeli
Keren Shlomo, who defeated Chun-Yan He of China 6-2 6-4.
In the doubles final, Moe Kawatoko of Japan) and Kumari
Sweta Solanki of India would take on Poojashree and Isha.
Moe-Kumari Sweta duo beat Sanaa-Rushmi Chakravarthi pair
5-7 6-2 7-6 (10-8), while Poojashree and Isha prevailed over
Chun-Yan He-Dalila Jakupovic combinartion 4-6
6-1 7-6 (10-4).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed