Poor start for Arjun Atwal in Canadian Open
Vancouver: Arjun Atwal made the worst possible start to his campaign as he carded a nine-over 79 in the first round of the RBC Canadian Open.
The first Indian to win on the PGA Tour failed to strike a single birdie and stumbled to two double bogeys and five bogeys on what was easily his worse day out on the Tour this season.
A 38-year-old Georgian Kris Blanks shot a three-under 67 to take a one-stroke lead after a tough first day. Only 21 players finished under-par at the Shaughnessy Golf and Country Club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister