Poor start for Arjun Atwal in Canadian Open
Vancouver: Arjun Atwal made the worst possible start to his campaign as he carded a nine-over 79 in the first round of the RBC Canadian Open.
The first Indian to win on the PGA Tour failed to strike a single birdie and stumbled to two double bogeys and five bogeys on what was easily his worse day out on the Tour this season.
A 38-year-old Georgian Kris Blanks shot a three-under 67 to take a one-stroke lead after a tough first day. Only 21 players finished under-par at the Shaughnessy Golf and Country Club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra