Poor start for Arjun Atwal in Canadian Open
Vancouver: Arjun Atwal made the worst possible start to his campaign as he carded a nine-over 79 in the first round of the RBC Canadian Open.
The first Indian to win on the PGA Tour failed to strike a single birdie and stumbled to two double bogeys and five bogeys on what was easily his worse day out on the Tour this season.
A 38-year-old Georgian Kris Blanks shot a three-under 67 to take a one-stroke lead after a tough first day. Only 21 players finished under-par at the Shaughnessy Golf and Country Club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate