Portsmouth keeper James hopeful over injury
London: Portsmouth`s England goalkeeper David James has played down the latest injury he suffered in the warm-up for Sunday`s Premier League game at Stoke City.
"I had a scan this morning and it`s just a minor tear, so in some respects I`m happy. We thought it could be worse," the 39-year-old told a radio station on Monday.
James has not started a game for his country since April, and needs to prove his fitness to England coach Capello before next year`s World Cup in South Africa.
Capello said this month he would only consider players who are fit and playing regularly for inclusion in his squad, adding he thought James had a "problem" with his fitness despite showing good form.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?