Portsmouth keeper James hopeful over injury
London: Portsmouth`s England goalkeeper David James has played down the latest injury he suffered in the warm-up for Sunday`s Premier League game at Stoke City.
"I had a scan this morning and it`s just a minor tear, so in some respects I`m happy. We thought it could be worse," the 39-year-old told a radio station on Monday.
James has not started a game for his country since April, and needs to prove his fitness to England coach Capello before next year`s World Cup in South Africa.
Capello said this month he would only consider players who are fit and playing regularly for inclusion in his squad, adding he thought James had a "problem" with his fitness despite showing good form.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars