Portsmouth keeper James hopeful over injury
London: Portsmouth`s England goalkeeper David James has played down the latest injury he suffered in the warm-up for Sunday`s Premier League game at Stoke City.
"I had a scan this morning and it`s just a minor tear, so in some respects I`m happy. We thought it could be worse," the 39-year-old told a radio station on Monday.
James has not started a game for his country since April, and needs to prove his fitness to England coach Capello before next year`s World Cup in South Africa.
Capello said this month he would only consider players who are fit and playing regularly for inclusion in his squad, adding he thought James had a "problem" with his fitness despite showing good form.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing