Portsmouth sign goalkeeper Niemi
London: Former Finland goalkeeper Antti Niemi has come out of retirement to join Portsmouth on a one-year contract, the Premier League club said on Friday.
The 37-year-old, who retired from football last year, joins Portsmouth on a free transfer. Niemi won 67 caps for his country and previously played for Fulham, Southampton, Rangers and Hearts.
“Antti has got vast experience and will be a welcome addition to the squad,” Portsmouth manager Paul Hart said on their website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...