Portsmouth sign goalkeeper Niemi
London: Former Finland goalkeeper Antti Niemi has come out of retirement to join Portsmouth on a one-year contract, the Premier League club said on Friday.
The 37-year-old, who retired from football last year, joins Portsmouth on a free transfer. Niemi won 67 caps for his country and previously played for Fulham, Southampton, Rangers and Hearts.
“Antti has got vast experience and will be a welcome addition to the squad,” Portsmouth manager Paul Hart said on their website.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai