Powell and Campbell-Brown win Jamaican 100 metres
Kingston: Former world record holder Asafa Powell edged out Usain Bolt`s training partner Yohan Blake to win the Jamaican 100 metres world championship trials on Friday.
Powell clocked a winning time of 10.08 seconds into a headwind and was joined by Blake and Steve Mullings in claiming berths for August`s world championships in Daegu, South Korea.
Blake was a hundredth of a second behind Powell with Mullings a very close third in 10.10 seconds.
World record holder Bolt did not compete in the trials because he has a wildcard bye as the defending champion in both the 100 and 200.
Olympic 200 metres champion Veronica Campbell-Brown comfortably claimed the women`s 100 in a fast 10.84 seconds.
Beijing Olympic 100 metres co-silver medallist Kerron Stewart was more than a tenth of a second adrift with Jura Levy taking third in 11.10.
Stewart`s Beijing co-medallist Sherone Simpson finished fourth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth