Powell and Campbell-Brown win Jamaican 100 metres
Kingston: Former world record holder Asafa Powell edged out Usain Bolt`s training partner Yohan Blake to win the Jamaican 100 metres world championship trials on Friday.
Powell clocked a winning time of 10.08 seconds into a headwind and was joined by Blake and Steve Mullings in claiming berths for August`s world championships in Daegu, South Korea.
Blake was a hundredth of a second behind Powell with Mullings a very close third in 10.10 seconds.
World record holder Bolt did not compete in the trials because he has a wildcard bye as the defending champion in both the 100 and 200.
Olympic 200 metres champion Veronica Campbell-Brown comfortably claimed the women`s 100 in a fast 10.84 seconds.
Beijing Olympic 100 metres co-silver medallist Kerron Stewart was more than a tenth of a second adrift with Jura Levy taking third in 11.10.
Stewart`s Beijing co-medallist Sherone Simpson finished fourth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'