Powell and Campbell-Brown win Jamaican 100 metres
Kingston: Former world record holder Asafa Powell edged out Usain Bolt`s training partner Yohan Blake to win the Jamaican 100 metres world championship trials on Friday.
Powell clocked a winning time of 10.08 seconds into a headwind and was joined by Blake and Steve Mullings in claiming berths for August`s world championships in Daegu, South Korea.
Blake was a hundredth of a second behind Powell with Mullings a very close third in 10.10 seconds.
World record holder Bolt did not compete in the trials because he has a wildcard bye as the defending champion in both the 100 and 200.
Olympic 200 metres champion Veronica Campbell-Brown comfortably claimed the women`s 100 in a fast 10.84 seconds.
Beijing Olympic 100 metres co-silver medallist Kerron Stewart was more than a tenth of a second adrift with Jura Levy taking third in 11.10.
Stewart`s Beijing co-medallist Sherone Simpson finished fourth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube