Power games, clashes, chaos and drama in Egypt
Cairo: With Egyptian President Mohammad Mursi cornered by a massive group of protesters camping just outside his palace, the Muslim brotherhood on Wednesday called for a pro Mursi rally.
The rally will be conducted in Tahrir Square to counter the opposition demonstrators, which may cause further clashes.
The anti Mursi protestors yesterday clashed with the cops and even got past police barricades which were guarding the palace. This forced the police to use tear gas and Mursi even had to leave his palace to safeguard himself. The protestors are still camping outside the palace and Mursi today returned, but situations may deteriorate when Muslim Brotherhood people come out in support of Mursi.
Mursi who has passed a special decree which gives him dictatorial powers has caused a division of opinion. With a section of people believing that he may go the same way as Hosini Mubarak and impose tyranny though being democratically elected.
The pro Mursi people believe that protesters outside presidential palace are trying to force their opinions forcefully.
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton noting that the situation in Egypt is critical and said that a dialogue is ‘urgently needed’ keeping in scenes in the streets of Cairo.
It was on November 22 that Mursi claimed over this problematic decree and since then Egypt was gripped with clashes and chaos. With things intensifying it seems more drama may follow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what