Power outages would be over by 2012: Shinde
Amritsar: Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar
today said there would no power shortage in the country by
Shinde said during the 8th, 9th and 10th Plans, the
country could merely produce 58,000mw electricity, but during
the 11th Plan the target is fixed at 78,000mw.
The minister further said earlier private players were
hesitant to enter into the electricity generation segment, but
now more and more are making a beeline for this, which would
help in eradicating power shortages in the country.
The government is expecting 50 per cent power supply from
private power producers in the future, Shinde said, while
addressing a meeting of Power Finance Corporation here.
Commenting on the demand of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal for a nuclear plant in the state, Shinde said the
process is going in the right direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi