Pradeep appears before AIFF`s disciplinary committee
New Delhi: National team midfielder NP Pradeep on Monday appeared before the All India Football Federation (AIFF`s) disciplinary committee after being slapped a showcause notice for speaking in support of former coach Bob Houghton.
"I have appeared before the AIFF disciplinary committee and I have presented my case. I am hoping for the best," said Pradeep after meeting the AIFF officials.
Taking strong exception to the outbursts against the federation on a social networking site, AIFF, had on May 6, asked Pradeep to give a written explanation by May 11 and present himself at the Football House here today.
The Viva Kerala midfielder had expressed his anguish over AIFF`s decision to show Houghton the door.
Besides Pradeep, fellow player Joaquim Abranches, too, spoke in support of the ousted former India coach, under whom the team won two Nehru Cup titles and the AFC Challenge Cup in 2008, a triumph that helped them qualify for the Asian Cup
after a gap of 24 years.
While Pradeep criticised the federation on a social networking site, Abranches spoke to a newspaper in Pune.
Before Pradeep and Joaquim, star forward Sunil Chhetri also expressed his allegiance with Houghton, but he was let off with a warning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends