Pradeep appears before AIFF`s disciplinary committee
New Delhi: National team midfielder NP Pradeep on Monday appeared before the All India Football Federation (AIFF`s) disciplinary committee after being slapped a showcause notice for speaking in support of former coach Bob Houghton.
"I have appeared before the AIFF disciplinary committee and I have presented my case. I am hoping for the best," said Pradeep after meeting the AIFF officials.
Taking strong exception to the outbursts against the federation on a social networking site, AIFF, had on May 6, asked Pradeep to give a written explanation by May 11 and present himself at the Football House here today.
The Viva Kerala midfielder had expressed his anguish over AIFF`s decision to show Houghton the door.
Besides Pradeep, fellow player Joaquim Abranches, too, spoke in support of the ousted former India coach, under whom the team won two Nehru Cup titles and the AFC Challenge Cup in 2008, a triumph that helped them qualify for the Asian Cup
after a gap of 24 years.
While Pradeep criticised the federation on a social networking site, Abranches spoke to a newspaper in Pune.
Before Pradeep and Joaquim, star forward Sunil Chhetri also expressed his allegiance with Houghton, but he was let off with a warning.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India