Praful Patel calls Gagan Narang a one-man army
New Delhi: Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel today described shooting star Gagan Narang as a ‘one-man army’ and also promised promotion for Air India athletes, who won medals at the recently concluded Commonwealth Games.
“I am happy that at this year’s Commonwealth Games India have surpassed all previous records. And Gagan Narang alone won four out of 38 gold medals. He is a one-man army,” Patel said at the felicitation function for the Air India players.
“Annuraj Singh also excelled and it speaks volumes of their professionalism and dedication,” Patel added.
Air India today felicitated 10 athletes from different disciplines including hockey, table tennis and shooting.
The gold medal winners were given Rs seven lakh each, silver medallists Rs five lakh and the lone bronze medal winner Ravichandran Abhishek Rs. 3 lakh.
Patel added to the joy of the players with his announcement that they will be given promotions.
“I have read it in newspapers that they want promotion. It can be done as a special case,” he said.
“The Asian Games are just round the corner. May be there will be better (results) in Asian Games,” he added.
Air India also announced that more disciplines will be brought under their sports policy which is being revised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi