Praful`s daughter did not leak info on Kochi: IPL
Mumbai: Indian Premier League authorities on Friday dismissed media reports that Poorna Patel, IPL Hospitality Manager and daughter of Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel, has leaked a confidential e-mail from the league`s COO Sundar Raman`s office.
The IPL said in a statement that in fact it was Raman who had asked Poorna to send the mail to former union minister Shashi Tharoor and there was nothing confidential about it.
"The information was sought by Mr Shashi Tharoor and was consequently provided by Mr Sundar Raman to Ms Poorna Patel to send through onto him," the IPL management said in the statement.
"The information contained in the email is by no means confidential and is the same provided to every prospective bidder on request. This has been the IPL`s normal practice for every bid process," it added.
The IPL statement came as reaction to media reports that claimed that Praful Patel forwarded a mail to Tharoor, who backed the Rendezvous Sports World`s bid for the Kochi franchise, days before the IPL bidding with a document containing projections of new franchisee valuations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'