Prakash, Purav bow out of Korea ATP Challenger
New Delhi: India’s title hopes at the ATP Challenger event in Chuncheon, Korea ended after Prakash Amritraj went down in singles quarterfinals and Purav Raja lost in the doubles event.
Unseeded Prakash went down fighting against Dutch Igoi Sijsling 6-7 (5), 4-6 in the singles quarter-finals of the USD 1,00,000 hard court event.
Prakash earned 18 ranking points and USD 2920 as prize money.
Fourth seeded pair of Purav and Sadik Kadir of Australia squandered a one-set advantage to lose their doubles semifinals 6-3, 3-6, 12-14 to Latavian Andis Juska and Dmitri Sitak of Russia.
They got 35 points each and split USD 2160 as prize money.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory