President to offer worship at Tirumala
Tirupati: President Pranab Mukherjee will visit Tirumala, the famous hill abode of Lord Venkateswara near here, on Saturday on a 16-hour spiritual sojourn.
During his maiden visit after assuming the highest office, Mukherjee would offer worship at three shrines, including the ancient hill temple, temple sources said.
The President would arrive at the Renigunta airport near Tirupati at 8 pm on Saturday and immediately proceed to the hills by road.
After an overnight stay, Mukherjee would offer worship to Lord Venkateswara at the crack of dawn on Sunday.
The President would first pray at the Adi Varahaswamy temple situated on the banks of the Holy tank close to the shrine of Lord Venkateswara, the sources said.
Later, the President would inaugurate a pilgrim guest house complex -- Nandakam Guest House -- constructed at a cost of Rs 36 crore.
Mukherjee would later spend some time with students of the 130-year-old Sri Venkateswara Veda School on the hills, they said.
Before winding up his pilgrimage, Mukherjee would also offer worship at the Sri Alamel Mangai temple in Tiruchanur near here, they added.
Tight security arrangements are being made in view of his visit, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed