Presidents Cup berth in Jeev`s radar
Chaska: A top finish in a Major is a huge motivation in itself but Jeev Milkha Singh will have an eye on the 10 Presidents Cup berths up for grabs when he tees off in the 91st PGA Championship golf tournament.
The two-year long Presidents Cup qualifying process ends Sunday when the 10 automatic berths for the International and US squads would be awarded. The task is cut out for Jeev, world ranked 41, whose lone target would be to outshine South African Rory Sabbatini to grab the final automatic berth of the Greg Norman-led International squad.
Even if he fails in his mission, Jeev would still fancy his chance when Norman picks two captain`s choices on September 8 for the tournament scheduled in October in San Francisco.
In the US team, Tiger Woods is followed by Phil Mickelson who is unlikely to play following the death of his mother and wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown