Price rise, corruption -- two sins of Cong: Gadkar
Lucknow: BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday alleged that price rise and corruption were two sins of the
"There is resentment among people on the issue of price
rise and corruption -- two sins of the Congress.
"These problems are due to wrong economic policies and
bad governance," he told an election meeting after flagging
off BJP leader Uma Bharti`s rath.
Targeting the SP and the BSP, Gadkari said these parties
had supported the Congress-led UPA government time and again.
In this context, he said the SP and the BSP supported
the Congress in the Parliamentary Accounts Committee (PAC) on
the 2G spectrum issue.
"They support the Congress on cut motions, they support
it in the PAC. They supported the sins of the party," the BJP
He accused the Congress party of spreading poison of
communalism by pursuing vote-bank politics.
The Constitution was opposed to religion-based
reservation, Gadkari said. "The Constitution does not permit
it, but they brought it for the division of the country."
The BJP president said the SP, the BSP and Mayawati,
who calls herself a messiah of dalits, were trying hard to get
"All the three are searching their brains on how to get
minority votes," he said.
Attacking the Congress, Gadkari said "how it will
develop Uttar Pradesh when it has ruined the country."
He said the BJP was the only alternative for the
Uma Bharti said the Congress and its leaders should
give clarifications on their sins.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked