Primitive rock shelters
Indore: Researchers claim to have
discovered signs of existence of primitive men in the Narmada
Valley by tracing their natural rock shelters and large number
of weapons and tools made by them in the western part of
"The shelter and tools discovered dated back to
Paleolithic (stone) age," the researchers led by Mangal
Panchayatan Council`s head Vishal Verma said.
The group found 15 natural rock shelters and three caves
of where these men used to live in Dhar district. Besides,
they also found sites where over one lakh tools and weapons of
that age were scattered.
"It appeared that the signs are about 30,000 to one lakh
year old and majority of them narrates the tale of human
culture dating back to Paleolithic Age," Verma said.
"After a close study of these findings, it appeared that
these primitive persons used to live near rivers and chose
natural rock shelters on low mountains," Verma said.
The researchers have found existence of primitive men`s
shelters around river Narmada, Maan, Karam, Ghatwal, Chidi and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video