Prince Charles to attend opening ceremony of CWG
New Delhi: Britain`s Prince Charles will
attend the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth Games to be
held at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here.
The Games are scheduled to be held between October 3 and
"We are delighted to announce that His Royal Highness the
Prince of Wales will represent Her Majesty The Queen at the
opening of the Delhi Commonwealth Games in October," a British
High Commission spokesperson today said in a statement.
"Further details will follow in due course," the release
The opening and closing ceremonies, athletics, lawn
bowls, and weightlifting will take place at the Nehru Stadium,
which will have a capacity of 75,000 spectators after
renovation for the games.
The 2010 Games are the nineteenth edition of the
Commonwealth Games, and the ninth to be held under that name.
The games will be the largest multi-sport event conducted to
date in India, which has previously hosted the Asian Games in
1951 and 1982.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress