Prince Williams becomes ‘Prince of Cuddles’
London: Prince Williams has earned a new title—‘Prince of Cuddles’—after spending a day with ill and disabled children in the Lake District recently.
The 27-year-old prince joined the group on a boat trip around Ullswater as patron of WellChild, a charity that cares for sick children.
And the Royal turned out to be quite a hit among the kids, as he showered them with hugs and many playful moments.
The Prince thrilled the youngsters by arriving alongside their vessel in a bright orange RIB speedboat.
Williams soon became pals with eight-year-old Harrison Holmes, from Barrow-in-Furness, who enjoyed some playful moments with the prince before he received a tight royal hug.
Lily Slater, five, turned her head as William gave her a squeeze, but later said he was "very cuddly".
Lily, from Boldon Colliery, Tyne and Wear, has been treated for a malignant brain tumour, which developed when she was three.
Her mum Shirley, 40, said Wills was "very natural" and "just lovely".
"He asked all about Lily`s illness and seemed very happy to talk,” a British tabloid quoted the mother as saying.
Sam Bealing, six, of Manchester, squealed with delight when William tickled him under his arm.
And 12-year-old Merseysider Jade Arnell was overjoyed when the prince tenderly held her hand in his.
WellChild director Linda Partridge said, "We are delighted Prince William is choosing to hear first-hand these amazing stories of bravery.”
She added, "It is so important to celebrate and reward the courage of wonderful children like Lily. We hope everyone had a truly memorable day out."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged