Prince Williams becomes ‘Prince of Cuddles’
London: Prince Williams has earned a new title—‘Prince of Cuddles’—after spending a day with ill and disabled children in the Lake District recently.
The 27-year-old prince joined the group on a boat trip around Ullswater as patron of WellChild, a charity that cares for sick children.
And the Royal turned out to be quite a hit among the kids, as he showered them with hugs and many playful moments.
The Prince thrilled the youngsters by arriving alongside their vessel in a bright orange RIB speedboat.
Williams soon became pals with eight-year-old Harrison Holmes, from Barrow-in-Furness, who enjoyed some playful moments with the prince before he received a tight royal hug.
Lily Slater, five, turned her head as William gave her a squeeze, but later said he was "very cuddly".
Lily, from Boldon Colliery, Tyne and Wear, has been treated for a malignant brain tumour, which developed when she was three.
Her mum Shirley, 40, said Wills was "very natural" and "just lovely".
"He asked all about Lily`s illness and seemed very happy to talk,” a British tabloid quoted the mother as saying.
Sam Bealing, six, of Manchester, squealed with delight when William tickled him under his arm.
And 12-year-old Merseysider Jade Arnell was overjoyed when the prince tenderly held her hand in his.
WellChild director Linda Partridge said, "We are delighted Prince William is choosing to hear first-hand these amazing stories of bravery.”
She added, "It is so important to celebrate and reward the courage of wonderful children like Lily. We hope everyone had a truly memorable day out."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest