Probe on into racket which duped buyers by forging CM`s sign
Mumbai: City police has initiated a probe
into a racket which allegedly duped prospective buyers
promising them subsidised flats through the CM`s quota after
forging the signatures of Chief Minister Ashok Chavan.
The police has spoken to suburban collector, who is
officially authorised to sanction the allotments, in this
regard and explained him how the buyers were duped.
"Although an FIR is yet to be lodged against the
fraudsters, the investigation has already begun," said a
senior police official, refusing to divulge further details.
The incident came to light after a few buyers, with
allotment letters bearing the CM`s signatures, approached the
Urban Development (UD) Department at Mantralaya in south
Mumbai recently, police said.
The CM has discretionary powers to allot flats to
deserving people and these are allotted through the quota
already handed over to the state by various entities,
including private builders in lieu of concessions availed by
them from the government.
These flats are then allotted to the deserving
applicants, who pay a small amount compared to the prevailing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’