Probe ordered into custodial death in J&K’s Reasi district
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday ordered a magisterial probe and suspended three cops in
connection with the death of a 17-year-old boy in police
custody at Adhkuwari, 58 kms from here.
Billoo, a native of Ludhiana, allegedly committed
suicide in a police lockup located en route the cave shrine of
Mata Vaishnodevi at Adhkuwari yesterday, police said.
He was picked up by police in a case of theft and
pick-pocketing and taken to Adhkuwari police lockup for
questioning yesterday. Police claimed the boy later committed
Taking serious view of the incident, senior
Superintendent of Police, Reasi, Anand Jain suspended three
cops – in-charge Adhkunwari police post Assistant Sub-Inspector
(ASI) Suram Chand, Munshi Deepak Ram and Selection Grade
Constable Bishan Dass for dereliction of duty.
Deputy Commissioner, Reasi, Pandoranga Pole has
directed Sub Divisional Magistrate Katra Rashpal Singh to
conduct a magisterial inquiry into the custodial death and
submit the report to the government.
The death triggered protests by a group of labourers
from Punjab yesterday. The protestors also blocked roads
leading to the shrine for an hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries
- Did Indian Air Force's AN-32 plane vanish due to catastrophic accident?
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: Report
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook
- Virat Kohli: Five incredible records set by India captain during 200-run knock