Probe ordered into custodial death in J&K’s Reasi district
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday ordered a magisterial probe and suspended three cops in
connection with the death of a 17-year-old boy in police
custody at Adhkuwari, 58 kms from here.
Billoo, a native of Ludhiana, allegedly committed
suicide in a police lockup located en route the cave shrine of
Mata Vaishnodevi at Adhkuwari yesterday, police said.
He was picked up by police in a case of theft and
pick-pocketing and taken to Adhkuwari police lockup for
questioning yesterday. Police claimed the boy later committed
Taking serious view of the incident, senior
Superintendent of Police, Reasi, Anand Jain suspended three
cops – in-charge Adhkunwari police post Assistant Sub-Inspector
(ASI) Suram Chand, Munshi Deepak Ram and Selection Grade
Constable Bishan Dass for dereliction of duty.
Deputy Commissioner, Reasi, Pandoranga Pole has
directed Sub Divisional Magistrate Katra Rashpal Singh to
conduct a magisterial inquiry into the custodial death and
submit the report to the government.
The death triggered protests by a group of labourers
from Punjab yesterday. The protestors also blocked roads
leading to the shrine for an hour.
- Defamation case: Delhi HC allows CM Kejriwal to file reply on Jaitley's documents
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year