Proposed Army deployment in Arunachal normal: CM
Itanagar: The proposed deployment of two
divisions of Army along the India-China border in Arunachal
Pradesh is not due to sudden rise in any threat from across
the northern border, but to help the jawans get acclimatised
with the tough, rugged and high altitude terrain, Chief
Minister Dorji Khandu said here today.
"Do not read too much into it. They are coming here for
an usual drill to get acclimatised with the difficult terrain.
It is not any eyeball-to-eyeball deployment. We are not for
any armed conflict with China," Khandu told here.
On reports of rising incidences of Chinese incursion,
Khandu denied any incursion in the state and said there was no
demanded for additional Army deployment by the state from the
Centre. He said one division was already here.
Two Army divisions, each comprising 25,000 to 30,000
personnel, would come for an annual exercise, he said.
On Opposition BJP criticising the Centre for
"recognising" Tibetan Autonomous Region without excluding
Arunachal, Khandu said the archive records available in the
Tawang Monastery and Tibet clearly indicated the boundary
between Tibet and India. It was accepted by both sides and
accordingly the McMohan line was drawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them