Prosecute 26/11 perpetrators: France
New Delhi: Remembering victims of the Mumbai error attacks on the first anniversary today, France demanded that "utmost must be done" to identify, prosecute and sentence
the perpetrators of the ghastly incident.
"The investigation must now progress significantly so
that light may be thrown on this tragic event. The utmost must
be done so that those responsible for this are identified,
prosecuted and sentenced," French Foreign Minister Bernard
Kouchner said in a statement.
He recalled that a series of terrorist attacks on Mumbai
a year ago had claimed 166 victims.
"These appalling acts aroused horror and indignation all
over the world. Today, France shares the memory of the victims
and conveys its deepest sympathy to their families," Kouchner
He assured India of France`s unstinting support and
determination in the fight against terrorism.
Ten Pakistan-based gunmen arrived by boat in Mumbai on
November 26 last year and hit targets across the city killing
166 people in a siege that lasted for three days.
Two French nationals were also among the dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets